Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

VintageComputers - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* VintageComputers > Topics

Subject: The Arduino
Replies: 7 Views: 1398

plzgvhug 1.11.11 - 10:40pm
Ive recently being looking at these microcontroller modules and ive decided to buy the Arduino UNO soon as it looks fantastic with all the various plug in modules or shields as they call them that you can buy. Also the huge amount of support and free source code and project ideas mean that anybody could get something up and running quite quickly without much fuss. *

plzgvhug 1.11.11 - 10:44pm
This post can be to talk about your Arduino projects and share ideas :) *

plzgvhug 8.11.11 - 11:54pm
My Arduino arrived in the post today :o) i uploaded a pic in the files section. Its very easy to get a project up and running by writing source code in C on the computer and then programming the Arduino over the USB port. *

phemzask 8.08.12 - 08:11pm
if i connect a microphone to the arduino wil it be possible to make it recognise voice commands. *

plzgvhug 1.10.12 - 04:22am
You would need to connect the microphone to an analogue to digital converter input on the arduino The analogue to digital converter changes the audio signal into binary data. *

plzgvhug 1.10.12 - 04:29am
The arduino clock speed is probably a bit slow for digital sampling the audio signal at a usable sample rate. There is also the problem of its limited memory for storage of speech while your software processes it. The chipkit which is another arduino compatible controller board could be used instead as its much faster CPU clock speed would allow higher sample rates ideal for audio sampling. *

plzgvhug 1.10.12 - 04:36am
You would probably need to add some additional ram memory for storage and processing the digital audio speech on this unit too. The software to do speech recognition is quite complex so I would have to assume you have the knowledge or willing to learn how to do this but if you are it's an excellent project especially somebody doing a UNI course in electronics. *

phemzask 1.10.12 - 06:43am
thanks i'l luk at the chipkit, i've worked with it a little bit b4. *

* VintageComputers Forum

Search:
topics replies

* VintageComputers

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits