Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

VintageComputers - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* VintageComputers > Topics

Subject: PIC Chips
Replies: 6 Views: 1535

plzgvhug 15.04.11 - 07:32pm
Ive decided to get into doing some more PIC based projects. Its been awhile since ive used one so i looked around at the data sheets for a few popular ones and i realized there actually quite powerfull these days. They have alot more peripherals on the chip, like an*logue to digital converter, timers, comparators, PWM (pulse width modulation) outputs, serial ports and parrallel ports. Also they have more RAM and flash EEPROM too. *

plzgvhug 15.04.11 - 07:53pm
Very popular ones ive looked at are the pic16f88 which is pin compatible with the old now obsolete 18 pin pic16f84 i used before but has lots of these extra peripherals built in that the old device didnt. The 40 pin pic16f877a which has even more features and includes alot more I/O Ports, both will run upto 20 Mhz clock speed. For applications where i want higher performance i chose the 40 pin PIC18f452 at upto 40Mhz clock speed which has a more powerful CPU and more RAM and peripherals. *

plzgvhug 15.04.11 - 08:21pm
The way you can program the chips has improved as well. My first PIC programmer called MPSTART was very expensive, around 200 GBP i think. Now i can get a PICKIT 2 programmer for about 35 GBP. You used to have to take the chip out the board and put it in the programmers socket. But now you can program the PIC 'in circuit' without taking it out the board and the Pickit 2 will do that. *

plzgvhug 15.04.11 - 08:39pm
Projects i want to build include a new upgraded super version of my maths co processor i talked about in here on another post. T he synthersizer board im building for the UPF-1D 2010 Z80 computer in another post would benifit from having a fast PIC to provide the VCO's when i originaly planned to use an*logue ones. I want to build a digital delay for use as a guitar effects pedal. This is just the start... To be continued... *

plzgvhug 11.05.11 - 01:02am
Ive added a photo to the files section in my photo folder of my new pic project. At the moment im still learning about the various features of the pics and the MPLAB software running on PC. *

plzgvhug 14.08.11 - 11:44pm
Ive added a new photo showing how i develop hardware and software based around a PIC micro controller. Refer to the description with the photo for info. As you can see anybody could easily get into making projects with PIC's!!! *

plzgvhug 1.11.11 - 10:53pm
Ive been researching PIC's again and in particular the dsPIC33F range of parts. These are digital signal processors and these look like the ideal part to use in the synthesizer project i have talked about briefly before. These devices have many features that allow them to do calculations faster than a traditional microprocessor could. *

* VintageComputers Forum

Search:
topics replies

* VintageComputers

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits