Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

VintageComputers - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* VintageComputers > Topics

Subject: homemade 70's game board
Replies: 7 Views: 1839

plzgvhug 27.07.10 - 10:38am
Over the past week i have been building this new game boar
d that connects to my Z80 computers to play very old computer games such as John Conways Game Of Life, Pong, Duck Shoot, Tic Tac Toe, Naughts and Crosses, Space Invaders etc. It can be used to scroll large characters too. Very Cool! Theres a picture in the file section.. 70s game board *

plzgvhug 3.10.10 - 04:24pm
Ive added a new pic of the 70's game board in action with the game of Pong. *

plzgvhug 6.11.10 - 09:08pm
Ive written my first version of 'Conways Game Of Life' for the Z80 using the 'game board' to display the patterns of cell generations. I will be posting links to my youtube page where you can see this in operation. *

plzgvhug 21.11.10 - 07:56pm
I have just finished and fully tested version 2 of my Conways game of life software. Version 1 only allowed patterns withing an 8 by 8 grid to fit the LED matrix. This limited the maximum patterns size. Now in ver. 2 the size of the grid is 16 by 16 cells in size which means patterns can grow beyond the LED matrix which will allow more interesting patterns to happen within the viewable 8 by 8 matrix. The only thing is that you cant see whats going on off screen, so i plan to build a LED matrix that is 16 by 16 LED's square in size and make a new version 3 software to run it. This will give really good views of the evolving game of life patterns. *

plzgvhug 19.01.11 - 11:34pm
I have the parts for the new larger 16x16 LED matrix as you can see in the new photo i have added to the files section. I wrote the display driver routines already so i should have this up and running quite quickly. *

plzgvhug 28.01.11 - 12:45am
Finally the 16x16 LED matrix board is complete. It took about 20 hours to build in all. The driver code to work the display will be tested next. *

plzgvhug 30.01.11 - 06:07pm
Its up and running! Its taken me most of today to modify and rewrite the code for this version but its been totally worth it. I am starting to post photos in the files section of this group and in the next day or so will be uploading videos to youtube so keep checking folks. *

plzgvhug 3.02.11 - 05:06pm
I have one new video on youtube called 'Z80 computer with 16x16 LED matrix' ... You can see how much better the game of life looks now. Goto the links section of this group to take you to the video. *

* VintageComputers Forum

Search:
topics replies

* VintageComputers

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits